by: bibbclan - 2nd January 2007

We just took the family to Dodge for our first run of the year. We hit it just right on the 28th and 29th after a fresh dump on the 27th. The slopes were perfectly groomed and the staff at Dodge were friendly and efficient. We arrived about 8:30am (any later and we would have hit the traffic jam). We put two of our kids in ski school and I rented a board and boots. My oldest son, (with his new board), and I were on our first lift at 9am. This speaks to the staffs efficiency. We had very little waits on the lifts the entire day, even though the crowds were pretty thick by 1:pm. (I heard some of the locals say they had never seen it this busy, but it was truly no big deal if you brought your ski bum attitude and went with the flow). Day two was the same! Here is what to expect when skiing Dodge: 1. Easy drive up. You won't hit stop and go traffic until you enter the resort. Like at every other resort, get there early and breeze through the lines. 2. Staff is friendly and efficient. Everyone from the 16 year old at the front desk, to the seasoned vet helping out in the rental section, and the bar keep helping to keep many of us warm from the inside out:) 3. Price is reasonable compared to Tahoe,etc. $270 for day 1 which in cluded 3 rentals, two kids in ski school, and two all day lift tickets. $110 for day 2 which included 2 ski rentals, 2 under 12 all day lift tickets and 1 adult. 4. Good line control for all the chair lifts and the bottom and top operators are quick to assist anyone who looks like they need a little help. 5. Slopes are groomed well making those of us that need practice before hitting the more difficult runs and diamonds feel a little safer. 6. The newer chair 7 and 8 on the backside are a blast. There are a couple of board freestyle runs where my 12 year old could test his skills on the boxes and other obstacles while a prayed for a no injury day:) 7. I think the best run is Quicksilver. It has everything, multiple difficulty ranges, beautiful view, and length. It was the run where I felt I had escaped suburbia and drifted off to a winter wonderland. Thanks to the Dodge staff for helping to make our family's first ski trip of the year truly awesome!