by: anonymous_user - 23rd November 2007

This resort really is a hidden gem. Powder magazine once reported that "if you put everything that really mattered into one little resort you would have Whitewater". They were right. It is skiing like it use to be, all about the snow and the friendly atmoshphere. No one will give you a second look if you have duct tape on your jacket. I have had several days there that have been better than some days heliskiing. If you like steep & deep, light dry powder, there is nowhere better. There is also awesome access to backcountry for those who want it. The terrain park may not impress hardcore park rats, but the whole mountain is a terrain park and when the snow is waste deep who cares about the park. The food is unlike any other resort I have experienced, so good they have published a cook book of their recipes. Nelson has an abundance of of restaurants and bars, and lots of cool people for a great apres scene. OK, I will admit I may be biased because I live in the Kootenays, but I live here because I can't move anywhere where the skiing would be any better.