First hand, user-generated ski reports from Silver Star.

Displaying 1 - 5 of 112 First-hand Reports

posted 4 day(s) ago by billshouldice4

skied yesterday, pretty hard in am then warms to spring conditions. backside is almost bust till afternoon, even then still icey spots. more base then sun peaks, but crystal chair snow at sun peaks is less hard packed. staying at silverstar today
Silver Star +
Hard Packed
posted 7 day(s) ago by Dean's iPhone 5s

We just finished a fine week of skiing at Silver Star. In an ordinary year, I might complain about the alternating hard pack and soft spring conditions. Or the lack of new snow, except for a dusting on Thursday. But this year I was grateful to find a solid base and great sunny weather.
posted 7 day(s) ago by Steve's iPhone 6 Plus

Great week of skiing. First tracks on Sunny Ridge every morning were awesome. Not the usual powder we love Silver Star for, but we had a blast.
posted 10 day(s) ago by hwinters

Rock hard ice with a thin veneer dusting of loose granular on top. Terrible. All Black runs are now closed because they are too dangerous. We do some blacks earlier that were groomed with a zamboni I think.
posted 10 day(s) ago by hwinters