by: allinaday - 24th February 2010

Fairly easy to get to
Miserable day

We made our first trip to Snow Bowl and it was interesting to say the least. The biggest complaint I have is that the so-called lodge is a disgrace! Nothing but squished in tables for about 6 to 8 people each, and since I treated my kids and grandkids to a day there, all I really wanted was to stay inside (it was freezing and windy outside) and read and relax. Wrong!! I got inside in the table room by about 8:30 a.m. and at that point there was not one table. Every single one had someone at it, or junk on them indicating they were taken. And they stayed all day long. Most only had one person the table and they were reading, using laptops, or knitting. When all the people began to come in for lunch, they continued to sit and hog the tables. When my group came, we finally took our hamburgers out to a bench on the deck in a freezing wind and tried to eat before the food froze or blew away. Miserable. In the whole day, I never sat on a chair with a back. I felt really lucky when I actually got to perch on a bar stool for a little bit! Ridiculous. On top of that, our granddaughter was injured (not by going down a hill) by doing what she learned in her class adn was apparently wrong. She spent the afternoon with me, and we never had a place for her to even sit. So, while that ski packages and meals cost me well over $500, which would be fine if it had been enjoyable, I never opened my book, and went home disgusted. They really need to do something different!