by: anonymous_user - 3rd February 2006

I book my trip based on a few key points for me. Marmot Basin sells their lift tickets at very nearly close to half what I would pay at nearby Lake Louise or Sunshine Village (as a student, mind you). Next reason Marmot appealed to me was the no-crowds aspect. And sure enough, didn't wait for more than 2 minutes at even the busiest lift. Very little in terms of terrain park, but it satisfies most. As a snowboarder, I couldn't stand all the moguls. My second day at the resort was cut short due to a power failure (lifts shut down), so I wasn't able to experience the amazing Eagle Ridge area of expert terrain. However, I did hike up from the top of the Knob chair, about halfway between the lift and the summit, to find some beautiful black diamond with untracked powder and amazing views. Bottom line is, Marmot Basin a great resort, but it could use a few more park features, better grooming on those extreme-hardpack runs in the alpine and finally the biggest problem - and the only one out of their control - more snow.