Related Regions: Sweden, Vasterbottens län, Europe, Europe Overall, Västerbotten

Reviews for Hemavan

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Hemavan that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Hemavan stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Hemavan review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Hemavan vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: pmartino - 4th February 2008

Hemavan is a GEM! I flew right into the ski resort on Skyways from Arlanda which was fantastic! The bus took me right up to the Hemavan hotel, I walked with my luggage to some large dome where I changed over, rented ski's bought my lift card, and was on the slopes about an hour after landing. I instantly took the t-bar up to the 4000 foot summit and began about a 2 1/2 mile double black, blue, green trail down to the base! Incredible. This place is not an Aspen or Vail where there is a little something for everyone. This is a quality ski disipline resort where all forms of skiing take place. Telemark skiing was really popular. Try the hele-skiing! To perfect for words. The snow was excellent. The layout was well marked. The only negative was that the T-bars were a little slow. Otherwise, for those of you seeking a nice vacation in the laplands of Sweden, this resort is good for 2 days, take the bus to Mo I Rana, get on the night train to Trondheim and get on the ski train to Are Sweden!

• pmartino (4th February 2008)