OnTheSnow uses cookies to personalize your website experience and collect statistical data. In addition, these cookies help us and our partners to better understand your use of the websites and provide tailored advertising to you. By clicking on the I accept button, you accept the use of cookies. Please refer to our Privacy Policy to find out more on how to manage your cookies preferences: Privacy Policy
Ok

Related Regions: Hohe Tauern, Austria, Tyrol, Europe Overall

Reviews for Großglockner Resort Kals-Matrei

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Großglockner Resort Kals-Matrei that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Großglockner Resort Kals-Matrei stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Großglockner Resort Kals-Matrei review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Großglockner Resort Kals-Matrei vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: chris84 - 4th January 2010

quiet beautiful nature
captured

I only know this area before it was connected with the Matreier skiing area but I also know this one and I really liked both of them. The area is close to the highest mountain of Austria the Großglockner. There is also the Nationalpark Hohe Tauern that means that the nature is really amazing there. The mountains are huge and the snow conditions are most of the time very good. I remember the skiing area of Kals that it was not very exciting. Not so many lifts and less sun made it a little bit boring, but now when the 2 skiing areas are connected it really must be a good area now. The slopes are more difficult than easy but there are also some runs for beginners. What else can I say about this area is that I really liked the village Kals. It is very calm and you have time to relax from everyday troubles and the stressfully cities. You have a lot of possibilities for hiking also in summer. So perhaps it is a good place for older people, families and stressed people. The people are nice in Osttirol and I also liked the food in Kals. Nowadays when the area is connected with the Matreier area I think I will return to test the new possibilities.

Gallery: Großglockner Resort Kals-Matrei