Related Regions: Hohe Tauern, Austria, Salzburg, Europe Overall

Reviews for Rauris

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Rauris that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Rauris stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Rauris review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Rauris vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: T Bell - 20th February 2011

Family friendly, good value, unspoilt, compact ski area
Limited number of runs

My 1st 'proper' Skiing holiday for 11 years since starting family. Just me & my 10 year old son on his 1st ski holiday, so wanted a resort where I could meet up at lunchtimes and 'see' him on the slopes. Rauris was perfect for this as we both enjoyed our own ski lessons but managed to 'bump' into each other during the day ;-) The village is relatively small and has safe feel to it. (No drunks, just lots of families) Ski bus service was great, although it was only a ten min walk to the slopes from the village center. The number of runs is quite limited but I never got bored, and I have Skied much bigger resorts in the past. I would say if you want to travel miles & miles on new runs then Rauris is not for you , but if you are returning from Skiing after and absence, are a beginner, or intermediate who enjoys quiet small resorts then you cannot better Rauris. We never queued once for the lifts but that may have been the time when we were there although , I got the impression it never gets too busy. We used Ski school Meir and it was very professional; as a advanced intermediate (I can Ski blacks) we never got bored as the day was split into 2 , Morning was techniques then Afternoon was applying the techniques we had learnt by doing lots of runs , slalom etc. Overall a great place for the family, in fact I am intending to return next year with all the family

Gallery: Rauris