Related Regions: Bulgaria, Smolyan, Rhodope mountains

Reviews for Pamporovo

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Pamporovo that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Pamporovo stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Pamporovo review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Pamporovo vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: will_phill - 4th March 2009

Beautiful Scenery, Perfect for Beginners, friendly feel
Snow not always great, food (but that is Bulgaria), Expensive taxis

I have just returned from my first skiing holiday in Pamporovo and I absolutely loved it. Just the most spectaclar scenary (better than the Alps in my opinion) - I just wanted to stop and take pictures most of the time! All the runs run throught the trees. If you pick the right tiem for the snow I dont think you will find a better place for a beginner. For the better skiers it may not be enough for you, but with good snow you will still be fairly happy here. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone.

1|2|3