OnTheSnow uses cookies to personalize your website experience and collect statistical data. In addition, these cookies help us and our partners to better understand your use of the websites and provide tailored advertising to you. By clicking on the I accept button, you accept the use of cookies. Please refer to our Privacy Policy to find out more on how to manage your cookies preferences: Privacy Policy
Ok

Related Regions: Espace Killy, Northern Alps, France, Savoie, Europe, Europe Overall, Tarentaise Valley

Reviews for Tignes

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Tignes that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Tignes stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Tignes review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Tignes vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Joe S - 22nd January 2019

• 3Beginner
  • 5Intermediate
  • 5Expert
  • 3Overall Value
Outstanding ski and sbowboard terrain, on and off piste
A lack of nightlife and village atmosphere you would get in non purpose built resorts

My first ever trip was to Tignes, in 2015. I have since visited numerous resorts and towns around France, returning to Tignes last spring, as an intermediate snowboarder. The 300km of linked pistes make for a huge amount of varied skiing/boarding. I stayed at Tignes 2100 on my first ever stay which was a great hotel with excellent food and drinks however this was all inclusive and the prices for those not staying were high. My second visit was in a self-catered apartment block in Val Claret. I actually preferred the bars in Val Claret as well as the ease of access for the G Motte. I have visited most of the biggest linked French ski areas (3V, Espace Killy, PDS) as well as some other areas such as Chamonix valley. Tignes/Val is my favourite, predominantly due to the sheer amount of lift accessible off piste which is truly endless and true ski in/out, particularly for Val Claret. If you want a village atmosphere and great bar, shop + restaurant choices then I'd give it a miss or stay in Val.

1|2|3|4