One [R425R, Steamboat] company is helping with disaster relief in Haiti. Moving Mountains Chalet manages luxury homes in the resort community, but owners Robin and Heather Craigen have strong ties to the Caribbean.

"We moved to Steamboat from the Caribbean 12 years ago but still have a great connection to that part of the world," said President Robin Craigen. "Our business of providing luxury lodging and services is in stark contrast to the conditions that so many people in Haiti are dealing with. Donating from what we receive to provide these services was the best way that we could find to help the relief effort."

Moving Mountains is donating 5 percent of all lodging booked for the remainder of the ski season to Doctors without Borders Emergency Relief Fund for disaster relief in Haiti. The employees of the company came up with the idea, offering to collectively donate 2 percent of lodging value from their wages. The company is matching 3 percent for the total of 5 percent.

"We are so proud of our staff for rallying together for this cause," Vice President Heather Craigen added. "This initiative exemplifies our core values. Steamboat is a caring community and we hope that other ski town businesses might join the cause of Ski Aid and show people that although we are all challenged by the current economy we can join together to help people that have more to worry about than when the next powder day is coming."

More Information:  DoctorsWithoutBorders