OnTheSnow uses cookies to personalize your website experience and collect statistical data. In addition, these cookies help us and our partners to better understand your use of the websites and provide tailored advertising to you. By clicking on the I accept button, you accept the use of cookies. Please refer to our Privacy Policy to find out more on how to manage your cookies preferences: Privacy Policy
Ok

Related Regions: Engadin/St. Moritz, Switzerland, Graubunden, Europe, Europe Overall

Reviews for Engadin St. Moritz

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Engadin St. Moritz that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Engadin St. Moritz stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Engadin St. Moritz review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Engadin St. Moritz vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Sally Black - 19th December 2008

Sunshine, snow, ambience, history, good infrastructure
Some fragmentation in lift system, some of the rich people are rude

I've known about St Moritz ever since I started skiing of course, probably longer. The image is of glitz and glamour of course and you can walk past the big hotels and gawp at the super rich that are there as if you are looking at Buckingham Palace or the Vatican. But wjhen I gort there (By a fantastic rail journey) I realised I had this 'image' so much in my head than I didn't think about this being 99% a regular ski resort, and as it turned out a really good one. I like the long ski history of the place, or rather the long history of being crazy about snow and ice sports - right back to the 1860s. The whole history of winter sports dates back to St Moritz, so it is a kind of place of pilgrimage. OK it was only the rich who could afford it for the first few decades, and even now being rich helps, but still you can sense that love of the snow when you're there. I guess the anonymous reviewer in Jan 07 visited when the whole Alps had their much publicised "Bad winter" when the newspapers said "This is the end of skiing in the Alps, no more snow." When I went the snow was fantastic. I am not a big off opisate powder fan, although there was plenty of that, I just enjoyed crusing down the fast blue Princess run over and over. Away from the swanky restaurants we found prices were in line with the rest of the Alps in shops, restaurants and hotels.

Gallery: Engadin St. Moritz