OnTheSnow uses cookies to personalize your website experience and collect statistical data. In addition, these cookies help us and our partners to better understand your use of the websites and provide tailored advertising to you. By clicking on the I accept button, you accept the use of cookies. Please refer to our Privacy Policy to find out more on how to manage your cookies preferences: Privacy Policy
Ok

Related Regions: Italy, Pordenone, Friuli, Europe Overall

Reviews for Piancavallo

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Piancavallo that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Piancavallo stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Piancavallo review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Piancavallo vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Rob - 11th January 2009

Close to Aviano Air Base!
Fairly small

I confess I didn't visit Piancavallo in Jan 2005, but that's the earliest date I can select. I actually skied here in Jan 2000, while deployed to nearby Aviano Air Base. This area is a gem for USAF Airmen living at Aviano, or for anyone visiting there in the winter months. A small area, but some nice terrain...narrow. winding pistes, but nice vistas over the Po Valley.. The food on the slopes is, of course, terrific, like it is almost everywhere in Italy. It's less than an hour from the base, up a very steep, winding road, so don't try to set any records getting there. If you don't happen to be in the military, but you have reason to be in Venice, this is within two hours drive time...much closer than the major Italian resorts to the west.

• Rob (11th January 2009)

Gallery: Piancavallo