OnTheSnow uses cookies to personalize your website experience and collect statistical data. In addition, these cookies help us and our partners to better understand your use of the websites and provide tailored advertising to you. By clicking on the I accept button, you accept the use of cookies. Please refer to our Privacy Policy to find out more on how to manage your cookies preferences: Privacy Policy
Ok

Related Regions: Sierra Nevada, Northern California, California, United States, North America, Lake Tahoe

Reviews for Soda Springs

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Soda Springs that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Soda Springs stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Soda Springs review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Soda Springs vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: tar9941 - 26th December 2009

big cheater

We have 2 kids, one is 6 years old beginner skier, and one 2 years old. We thought they would both get fun from Soda Spring. According its website, it offers begineer ski route and tubing, etc. Pricing seems ok. However the trip turns to be a big disappointment. We went visited on 12/22/09. After we bought the lift tickets, we realized one of the lifts (total 2) is closed that day. The still operating one is too higher for my 6-year-old daughter. The operator told me they had some mechanic issue with "Lion's Head". I kept watching them for about 30 minutes, they took no action. I asked them again if they can operate it again. One of the guys hinted me they are fewer people than they expected, Lion Head will not open for the rest of the day. Of course I'm not happy. I went to the base lodge asking for refund, the cashier refused to refund me the ticket, and pointed me a small poster out side, saying "no lift ticket refund for weather reason". So, my daughter had to walk uphill by herself or let I pull her up. What a nightmare. 3 problems with Soda Spring. 1. If half of the lifts are not operating, staff should warn skiiers before they buy the tickets 2. It is a clear and sunny day, weather condition is just ridiculous 3. They should not steal people's money!

1|2|3