by: - 17th January 2014

Friendly Staff & other patrons, Not Crowded, Great Prices, close to Fort Collins
Overflow parking lot, Ski Boots

It was a beautiful day. There had been a foot of snow the day before and it was lightly snowing this day. Though the main parking lot was full, there was not a wait for the lift. It did not seem like anything was crowded at all. This was only the third time I've been skiing. I'm not a young pup and I have some physical issues, so skiing is a true challenge for me. I broke my ankle the last time I went skiing. I still can't ski worth a hoot, but at least I'm willing to give it another go thanks to a kind ski patrol who skied down the hill down with me. Though I didn't do much better the next time down the hill and fell on my face, literally, the atmosphere of this place, the patience of the staff, the friendliness of the other patrons, the beauty of the mountain, the great prices, close proximity to my home, and the desire to overcome my fear, is motivating me to get stronger so I can conquer this skiing thing. I have decided that ski boots are torture devices though. It was a great way to spend New Years day with my husband. Con: They do need to do something about the steep hill over at the overflow parking lot. My Vibe is originally from the East Coast and not four wheel drive. We could not make it up the steep, icy hill to leave. Someone from the lodge had to come tow us. I wish we had put our chains on when we got there. It was quite embarrassing and freaking cold trying to deal with the situation. Thank God someone behind us had some sort of cell reception (we had none) and family in the lodge because they were the ones who let the staff know we were stuck. We were told we weren't the first. The kind man from the lodge who towed us out wouldn't let us pay him either.