by: live4thesnow - 9th June 2009

Terrain, Terrain, Terrain
I don't live there

I am a Vermont rider. Every year for the past 7 years, my buddies and I pick a resort to go to with one rule, we cannot go to the same place twice. Well that rule is about to be broken. We have been lucky enough to cover many of the major resorts , Vail, Whistler, Squaw, to name a few, but the vote is unanimous, JH was the best! I am not going bore anyone with the details about how great the people are (which they are) or how the food is great (which it is), I am going to say that the terrain is truly UNMATCHED. The only reason we were on groomers was to get to the next, shoot, tree run or huck. The best part, all this terrain is mostly lift accessible. Do not stay on groomers all day, you will be missing everything. The new tram is awesome, but don't get stuck on it all day. There is a lot to explore. We stayed in a very reasonable condo complex called the Sleeping Indian. It wasn't the Ritz but it was comfortable and a short walk to the first box (tram) of the day. Apres' ski was at none other than the Mangy Moose. If you are looking for a great ski/snowboard experience, hit JH.