by: Joe - 12th December 2009

Best Snow in the World, Great Variety, Family Friendly, Reasonable cost
Do go to Grand Targhee if you are look for the night life scene.

Grand Targhee is my favorite Boyhood memory. I remember watching the resort be built and am still kicking myself for not purchasing their stock for1.00 per share. I grew up with the Mountain and never knew that i was Skiing one of the greatest Mountains with the best Snow of any place in the World. On a day when it is Clear the View from the Summitt of Grand Targhee is something anyone will remember for a life time and I have found few equals anywhere in the World. The Snow a Targhee is almost always rate #1 by Snow Magazine and I have never skied on any better and I have skied plenty. The terrain at Targhee offers something for everyone from beginner to expert or extreme. The lift lines are non existent yet there are plenty and the lift tickets still boast one of the best values on the Planet for the level of skiing you will enjoy. Accomodations at the Resort are sparse but what is there is nice. It is a safe family resort but with slopes that will challenge the most Expert of Skiers should they want to ski them. The only downside is that the night life is going to be purely for sleeping as there are no clubs at the resort unless new and the town of Driggs, Idaho rolls up the streets at night. The Skiing however I have yet to find in all of the many places I have skied any that is better. It is a place that any Skier who loves the sport needs to ski at least once in their life and for families it is a dream resort. Grand Targhee will always be the number 1 resort for me.