by: Danny - 25th March 2010

Champagne powder, nice lifts, nice people, slopes, themeing, views
ski school

This is my favorite resort ever! The snow is legendary, it'll make other places' powder look like wet snow. The lifts are fast and well managed. The staff is organized and accommodating. The slopes offer a broad range of difficulty from long expert slopes to short easy slopes. The lodge is well laid out and easy to relax in and warm up. Targhee's log cabin style is well done, subtle and not cheesey. Food isn't cheap, but whose is? And the Tetons make for great views on the mountain, on the way up, and coming back down. My only disappointment was the ski school that I took the first time that I ever went there, the instructor did not work well with a group, when I fell behind he stopped everyone else and told me to hurry up, then when I got ahead he told me to stop and wait for everyone and he always sounded irritated, I eventually just ditched. Otherwise everytime that I went, including the rest of that day, I was very happy with the experience. Plus it was only a short drive from Idaho Falls where I was staying.