by: Evan Wright - 27th February 2011

• Nightlife
close, moguls
vertical drop

Up until this trip, I had overlooked Wilmot because Alpine Valley has a bigger vertical drop, and is not much farther away from me. However, I was induced to make a trip because of “Demo Day” which featured half price lift tickets, and the chance to try out different makes and models of skis compliments of the Viking Ski and Snowboard Shop. I was not expecting too much, but given the modest height of the hill, I had a surprisingly good time. Other reviewers have reported long lift lines, however, on this day there were almost none. This might have been because it was late in the season, or rain (which never came) was forecast for the afternoon. Either way, I never had to wait to get back to the top. Also, one trail, “Exhibition” was left ungroomed to let the moguls pile up. If it weren’t for that, I wouldn’t have found the hill at all challenging, but since I love bump skiing, I had a great time. The base infrastructure seemed pretty elaborate. In addition to the cafeteria and lockers, there was a bar in the main building plus the Iron Kettle Bar and Grill next door. In the future, I might come back if I can get confirmation via the Facebook page that the moguls are there.