by: anonymous_user - 11th January 2008

I have skied Indianhead, Powderhorn, and Blackjack and I would agree with other reviewers that Whitecap has the best skiing for intermediate and expert skiers. There are very few runs to interest expert skiers at the other resorts (Blackjack has none and there are only a couple at Indianhead and Powderhorn) but Whitecap has several legitimate black diamond runs and their double black runs will challenge almost anybody. We stayed at the lodge and enjoyed it very much but it may not be for everybody. The positives are that the rooms, pool, and hot tub are all very large. The negatives are that the lodge is really showing it's age so the rooms are "Rustic" at best. Still, you can't beat the location and you have an incredible variety of rooms to choose from. We really wished we had a larger group so we could try one of the two story rooms with a loft. Our room with microwave an fridge also came with a table for four, dishes, silverware, a toaster and a sink to wash the dishes in. I just hope they don't run out of business, it really is a fun place!