by: anonymous_user - 9th January 2008

I have been going to the U.P ski slopes for years and have found Whitecap to have the best skiing I think this may even be the best skiing in the midwest. We had been going to Powderhorn every year and would visit other slopes in the area. We had never heard of Whitecap Mountain. We were going thru Hurley and saw a sign on a building advertising Whitecap Mountain resort so we made the trip not expecting much were we wrong. This is by far the best skiing in the U.P. if not the midwest. He leaves alot of slopes to be Powder not the Groomed slopes you usually see but dont get me wrong the slopes he grooms are excellent. The scenery is beautiful and the skiing excellent. Very family friendly you never have to wait for a lift. When you first get to the mountain you will only see two slopes but dont let that fool you once you take the lift to the top there are endless trails and ski till your tired and you will be. If you have not been here make the trip you will not be dissapointed. We were just there the end of December and will be going back again in January and March. We live down in Illinois and this is a 7 hour drive for us so that should tell you something that this is more than worth the trip.