Amazing thought I was out west

by: redtrk68 - Jan 28, 2011

Pros: For a midwest ski area its big with plenty of different terrain

Cons: The lodge food area

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2011

I spent 4 days at Whitecap, I had already been to Indainhead and Big Powderhorn on previous trips. I wanted to try a new place as those were very family and beginner friendly and after the first day at both of them I was a bit bored. While it didnt snow 15 inches while I was there, in the trees and in the edges of the trails there was 1-2 feet of untouched powder. I was playing untouched powder that was similar to stuff I had rode in Utah but i was in Wisconsin. The terrain is ok for beginners may be a challenge for them but there is a carpet and rope tow for them. There was some that was challenging to me which honestly im more of a blue/green run person I do play on the blacks from time to time. The only problem I had was getting back to the lodge with my board I had to unstrap and push for like 15 feet cause the trail back to the lodge got a bit flat on my board but that does happen even out west. While the length of the runs can't compare to Western Rocky resorts the snowboarding was as much fun as I have had out west. Every run I made There was some powder riding. They could have had a few days of snow previously but it was groomed and amazing had sooooo much fun at this resort. This trip was my warmup for out west now im contemplating coming back. The food area was more like something you would find at a gas station on the way to the resort. As for the terrain park and night life neither are important to me I don't ride in the terrain park much they had jumps and and rails etc and radom jumps around different runs and no pipe. The night life for the of age crowd hurley has plenty of taverns although that didnt matter to me I am here to snowboard. I permently had a grin the whole time I rode here. I think there is stuff here for anybody that enjoys sking or snowboarding of any ability.