Related Regions: Wisconsin, North America, Chicago, United States

Granite Peak Ski Area Firsthand Reports

Firsthand, user-generated ski reports from Granite Peak Ski Area.

Iphone

There's no snow here, I don't think it's even snowed all season. It sucks.

Machine Made 0"
srh1605

Born and raised in the Midwest. I competed in FIS and I enjoyed handing the mountain boys their ass in competition. Some of the best Olympic skiers came out of the Midwest. IPhone guy is just your typical angry troll.

Iphone

I know a lot of people who ski Midwest hills (I live in Illinois) and all of them love Midwest skiing until their first trip out west. After that, they never want to step foot on a Midwest hill again.

iPhone

This place sucks lol hahahahaha idk why u would even come here. This place is a joke for how expensive the lift tickets are.

gregrnel

What's up with all the negative comments by this iPhone guy? We know Midwest skiing isn't mountain skiing.... so? Stay in the mountains and STFU!

Iphone

The sad thing about Midwest skiing is that some people ski places like cascade or wilmot and say "I love skiing!" What is in the Midwest isn't skiing, anymore than surf simulators aren't surfing. That is what Midwest skiing is, a simulator for real skiing, except all it ever does is disappoint you.

88benl.bl

I was up there yesterday and they are sticking snow on it and man I cant wait

Machine Made 2"
Jason's Iphone

Granite peak sux, but the sad thing is is that it's the second best in The Midwest(no1 mt. Bohemia)

huyten1

how's it looking for an opening next weekend?

Granite Peak Ski Area +

Best conditions of the season! Well done GP!