by: mkt - 11th January 2010

Lots of runs, very challenging
guest service and pricey

This was my first trip to Granite Peak in many years. Pros: Lots of challenging runs to choose from, you are not likely to get bored here - but not a great place for beginners or weak intermediates, the headwalls will force you to execute with very good technique or you will pay dearly, well groomed and conditions improved during the day, fast lift lines - some of the best organized lift lines I've been in for some time, lots of lodge space and parking Cons: Customer service varies, some of the people handling lift lines are just rude. I found out that Granite Peak puts bar codes on their lift tickets and then expect to scan them in lift lines. If it can't be scanned they COULD deny you lift access and ask you to go get a new ticket, so if you go be sure you don't wrinkle your ticket like I did, I took a lot of hassle for this. High prices for tickets and food. I bought my ticket in advance on line, in addition to the lift ticket price there is a "facilities improvement cost" and state tax added, so its not really $50 cost. Food is pricier than other hills, I paid over $6 for a bowl of chili and a cup of coffee. Will I go back? Yes. Cost and guest service downgrades this from a 5 star hill to a 4 star.