by: jkangas1 - 22nd December 2012

Staff, slope grooming
NO active monitoring visable

Below is my experience, opinion and expectation (met or not met). After several near misses, I was hit from behind by an out of control skiier - it could have been very bad for one or both of us, but she hit square on my side and it was *just* whip lash for me (I hope she is ok, since I was the large of the 2 of us). But what really bothered me is that I found NO evidence of SKI patrol doing any monitoring during the 3 days I was there. Didn't see anyone getting the "talk" - let along yanking passes of skiiers who were obviously out of control. Kinda hard to miss, when the high speed chair was passing over most of the ski-able slopes that day. Not sure if they see that as their job. In my experience - at other venues - that has always been the domain of the Ski Patrol. And the front office indicated that Ski Patrol was the one to talk to. I sent the mgmt an email, posted on facebook and posting on this site - I can't recommend for skiiers who want to take a longer route down the hill (other than straight down). I couldn't find a site to review Ski Patrol directly, if they had one would post there too. (also didn't find ANY way to contact Ski Patrol with email or internet). I applaud the ski school - if you do go - use them (broke down technique very well) I applaud the staff - very curtious. Slopes were groomed nicely and they were aggressively making snow. Not a boarder, but the ramps and jumps looked groomed daily too. I hope the facility does well and those that go enjoy themselves. For me - If I heard about safety changes/improvements - I would definately go back.