by: kayaktjb - 17th February 2009

No lines, great staff, nice mix of runs
Overbooked restaurant

Two day, one night visit over President's Day weekend on a ski/lodging package. Price was fair, rooms simple but acceptable. Parents novice skiers. Son a beginner but will more daring. Past experience with Wilmont Mountain and Alpine Valley. Devils Head was by far the best. There is a nice mix of runs. No wait for lifts. While lifts are on the slow side, with no wait you are back skiing with minimum delay. Great variety of runs. My wife and I stayed on the long Green runs and made forays to the Blue slopes. Son worked his way up to black diamond slopes. Runs were not crowded so you didn't have to worry about running into people or being run down. We loved the long runs in comparison with Alpine Valley and Wilmont. Snow quality about the same as as Alpine Valley and WIlmont, although pretty good considering a recent thaw and no natural snow for weeks. Restaurants were uncrowded and food decent to good. Only downside was that we got bumped from the "fancy" restaurant to the perfectly fine alternative. It as great that cafeteria and other spots were relatively uncrowded. Finally, staff was great. From the restaurant to the rental shop to the lift operators they were friendly and helpful. I really felt that I was in good hands. I also notice that there were plenty of people working on fixing things up. There appears to be a real effort to keep the place up. In sum, this was an excellent stay. We'll be back.