by: Eileen B. - 21st January 2014

Close to the Dells
Tubing hill needs to be better managed

This review is strictly geared towards the tubing hill at Christmas Mountain. My family and I have been to the resort numerous times to ski and snow tube, so I'm very familiar with the resort. On this day, I called the mountain at 11 am, and was told there was a 2 hour wait for the tubing hill. Being a holiday weekend, I understood that the resort would be busier, and I was grateful that I didn't arrive at the resort only to have to wait 2 hours. Throughout the day, I called the resort 3 more times, and was told that the wait was still 2 hours. So, we decided to go tubing early in the evening and take our chances that the wait for the tubing hill would have subsided. When we arrived at the resort we were told that the wait was still 70 minutes. After having our names put on the wait list, we decided to walk out by the tubing hill, and to our surprise, there were barely any people snow tubing. There were no lines at the top of the hill, and there were very few people in line at the bottom. Upon seeing this, I returned to the pro shop to let the associates know that their wait list probably contained more names than the number of people on the tubing hill. At that point, we called it a day. About 10 minutes after we left the resort, I received the call from the pro shop saying our tubes were ready. It seems that there is little to no communication between the workers on the hill, and the workers in the pro shop, and there certainly is no management present to see the obvious. We'll be heading to Cascade next time.