Alpine Valley is worth visiting and skiing

by: saludares - Feb 1, 2009

Pros: Great Slopes for skiing and snowboarding.

Cons: Crowded during comfortable temperature around 30F

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2009

I really believe this is a great place to learn skiing, practice skiing, and do a lot of tricks with snowboarding. Its got magic carpet for the beginners which is really great. The lift for the easy slopes could get crowded, but its got a good beginner slopes. The slopes for the intermediate and advance are very good. Very steep for the double diamond located in the middle of the resort. My friend and I had a great time on these slopes (double and single diamonds). We made about 12 to 13 runs up and down the valleys for the whole day. During lunch time, it can get very crowded because of not enough choices for eating place. So the lounge both downstairs and upstairs can get very crowded. On the afternoon, we saw few accidents on the jumping slopes for the snowboarders, and the staff were very quick on responding. The chair lifts for the two quad (four people) can very crowded going to the double diamond slopes. However to the single diamond slope sheltered valley, the chair lifts are very quick. There were no lines so much. You can check out the pictures that I have provided with this review. Still, this place is still great! I have been skiing everywhere....Europe, & here in the USA.