by: stonehenge - 31st January 2009

Location and number of slopes
Rediculous Snow Making and ENORMOUS lift lines

Its importiant to know what you're getting into. Winterplace is great for a day trip since its close to the interstate and has enough terrain to keep someone entertained for most of the day. They are definitely group oriented and there will be huge lines if you go on the weekend, just accept it and move on. During the week its great. I went on a thursday and there were no lift lines at all. Just skied right into the chair. The snow blowers are a major issue though. They have managed to line several of the slopes to the point I just wanted to stop and dig myself a hole to get away from the pain they inflicted. There has to be some more skier friendly way to blow snow during the middle of the season. We ended up leaving around lunch because we just couldnt bring ourselves to ski through the blowers again. I know man-made snow is importiant in the south but they take it to a whole new level. Not to harp on the blowers even more but be careful when skiing on what looks like "fresh powder" its often uncompacted blown snow and you will sink and stop immediately. I sunk up to my knees on one of the blacks and I'm 6'3"