by: rog580 - 24th February 2010

Large resort facilities,something for everyone
Expensive, resort has a corporate feel

I contacted Snowshoe to reserve the exact same package (same place, same time, same tickets) for my family that we had in 2008. I was amazed when the cost had risen by 35%! Wow! We really like Snowshoe and I tend to agree with the positive comments of others. If you haven’t been to Snowshoe, chances are you will be happy with the skiing and the facilities. Snowshoe does a good job providing something for everyone. It’s a really great place to spend a few days skiing and I have not bothered to shop other places until their prices got out of hand. They offer a lot of “deals” on their website but I have a hard time trying to make their “deals” match my family requirements. I do not want gift cards, extended stays or free breakfast. We skied Timberline 10 years ago and decided to give them a call. I booked my stay at Timberline for about ½ the cost of Snowshoe. My college student son will ski for $18 a day. I hope to return to Snowshoe someday when the sticker shock wears off but that could be a while.