Snowshoe Mountain Resort Review

by: matthewsgirl - Dec 17, 2007

Date Visited: Dec 17, 2007

Snowshoe has great skiing. The trails are good but they are a bit narrow. The Foxfire grill has great food and the service was great when we were there. Parking is horrible, my advice is to stay at the top of the mountain so you can leave your car where you park it at night and go ski. We stayed at the Inn at Snowshoe at the bottom of the mountain. The accomadations themselves are not too bad considering they are about the only ones that are affordable. My fiance and I stayed at the Inn and even though we felt like the rooms were fine, the staff was not. First off, my fiance is a Doctor and I am a nursing student so we are very busy people with not a lot of free time...this was the only chance we got to take a vacation and we just wanted to relax...we couldn't though. We waited at the Pizza restaurant down the street for 2 hours to get our food. We had no more than walked through our door at the Inn and we recieved a call that there had been complaints about us being noisy, we hadn't even started eating our food and had not been there so we just thought it was a mistake and told them we had just returned and let it go until about an hour later. We left our room to go to the vending machine and as we walked down the hall towards our room we noticed a staff member with her ear against our door. As we neared she turned around and leaned against the door and smiled at us. She obviously didn't think we were the guests staying in that room. As we neared the room she continued to stand there and we had to ask her to move so we could get in. I felt so violated. I don't think that staff should have the right to stand with their ear to your door. There were also police there the entire time just marching the halls. Which made me wonder if something dangerous was going on. I complained about the staff member, and the hotel did nothing, not even apologize. That incident ruined my trip and I was so mad I could hardly stand it. My advice is this 1. DO NOT stay at the Inn if you are family oriented and just want to relax without feeling violated. 2.Do not eat the the pizza place at the bottom of the mountain. 3) Stay at the top and make sure you get a deal that includes your lift tickets. 4) Eat at the breakfast shop across the street from the Inn at Snowshoe, it is the only reasonably priced place to get a decent breakfast and the staff was nice. 5) Make sure you get some sort of a refund if you do not find things to be acceptable, the staff member at our door ruined my entire trip, and I can still not stand the thought of her standing out side our door while we were sleeping.