Read other skiers' firsthand reports from West Virginia.

posted 136 day(s) ago by Jesse

Seeing bare spots from the web cams makes me want to crawl into bed and hibernate until December.
Variable Conditions
posted 136 day(s) ago by the dude

Not worth the trip if longer than 60 minutes. Official date of closing has been set now for March 27- highly doubt they will make that. Temps in the 70's and rain in the forecast. They did a really good job with the season being one to forget. See you next year SS!!
posted 136 day(s) ago by D Bone

New faster lift would be super. And the restaurant experience could be improved. I'm done. Thanks TL.
posted 136 day(s) ago by davidmarq2010

It's bad if u are a good boarder or skier and bad If u are a bad boarder or skier probably last weekend nothing but huge bumps and dirty snow with lots of debris hopefully next year will be a better year for winterplace.
posted 137 day(s) ago by Nobody knows

Heading down tomorrow and would like to know what the conditions will look like and if it's even worth coming down
posted 137 day(s) ago by Anonymous

It will be interesting to see what SS does... Currently projecting closing day the 27th...
posted 137 day(s) ago by Snoop Dawg’s iPhone

Hey Fla, I'm an owner at A.S. And I would not drive up from fla then. My bet is we will be bare with the high temps and rain forcast for a week.... Just being honest. Tough winter here.
Wet Snow
posted 138 day(s) ago by Robin Miller’s iPhone

I am here now. Hard to tell what conditions will be like when your trip is scheduled. Definite spring skiing yesterday and today with this warm weather. This next week is projected to be warm and have some rain....then a cool down into the 30s at night. That will help save the snow. Snowmaking is over for the season though
posted 138 day(s) ago by FCioffi iPhone5S

I am planning to go there from FL on March 19 to 25 but I am concerned about weather conditions and if we can ski , any opinion will be appreciated?
Spring Snow
posted 139 day(s) ago by Chad O'Dell’s iPhone

Great 3 days at Snowshoe. WVU wins on Saturday. Snow, sun and F18s on Saturday. Almost no lines at all. Kids skied western territory for first time in last day.
posted 139 day(s) ago by myfriendthomasbrown

snow was really hard first couple of runs and beginning to soften up as the day gets warmer. doesn't seem like this snow will last much longer though, season will end soon.
posted 139 day(s) ago by JRM's Iphone 6

Agree with twcarr65. This is Timberline's opportunity to make the mountain the best skiing in WV. A high speed quad would change the face of the resort.
posted 140 day(s) ago by Jacqueline's Iphone

Several inches of snow between Friday night and Sunday until noon. This is the lift crowd at ballhooter about 10 am Sunday. Wonderful conditions but crowded. Warm up starting tomorrow. Spring conditions for sure!
posted 140 day(s) ago by Anonymous

I am up here now and staying through Monday. The snow is good (4-5 inches in past 5 days), but the base is pretty hard. Forecast through next two weeks is warm and rainy...Fortunately, there is a thick enough base. Any later than your trip is a big gamble.
posted 140 day(s) ago by wesley's iPhone

I'm going up on the 13th for 4 days. When I scheduled the trip, I was hoping for spring conditions with warm days and soft slushy snow for my kids to learn to ride in. If someone who is up there would post an update, I would be grateful for any info.