by: J K - 16th January 2014

n/a
n/a

2nd time I have tried to post a review. HORRIBLE stay and hotel refuses to refund $. We stayed on 12/31/2013 for one night. We had been up 2 weeks before, last minute day trip and looked in to check out their hot tub which at first glance looked really nice. During our on night stay Dec 31 , we wanted to use the pool. The hotel receptionist told us that we would need to help her remove and put away the cover in an accordion fashion. First of all, as guests, we should not have to do this and it also seems like a liability being that it is icy and snowy. We also had to cover the pool when we were done. On Jan 1, 2014 , we went in to use the Hot tub. We were in it for about 15 min and during that time we noticed large piles of dirt in the bottom as if someone dumped small sandbuckets, we found multiple tiles that had fallen off the inside and we were stepping on them. We put them on the outer edge. The raised large cover on the bottom was broken badly with jagged edges (harmful) , there were LARGE areas missing tiles, even where you sit and showing the dirty grout (I think it's called) underneath where you would cover with tiles . There were undisolved chemicals that we noticed after we had already gotten in. When we realized all of this we got out. About 15 min had passed. My husband then noticed he was green around his fingernails. When my hair dried, the entire lower half of my long hair was completely GREEN. The hotel receptionist said sarcastically  "Is there something SPECIFIC you want me to do about this?" She agreed to have a manager call us but it took days and multiple emails to get a response. They refuse to give a refund and will ONLY offer us to come back for a free stay. We CAME for the hot tub and pool and NO ONE would want to go back with the pool in that unhealthy, dangerous condition let alone risk green hair again that is STILL slightly green. I told them, "If you drove your car through a driveway of nails and ruined 4 tiles" would you do it again just because the property owner invited you back , but had not cleaned up the nails?" No comment.  I had to go to a salon to get advice to fix my hair and clarifying treatment. They take advantage of people because they are the only hotel in the area. I have a message in to the pool and hot tub inspector as well as the health dept. Disgusted.