by: anonymous_user - 2nd January 2008

I've been skiing Stevens for 15 years and am a season pass holder; so I guess I am committed to the place. Weather is quite variable with spring skiing being the best. Fortunately the resort is right off a major US highway so there is good plowing of the road. A gripe I have is the grooming but then again I admit I was spoiled at Bogus Basin in Idaho (groomers were out day and night). Things get pretty chopped by evening on weekends and holidays. I think they could do better on some of the more used runs by grooming in the afternoon or early evening. The terrain is terrific for intermediate skiers and has some challenges for experts, especially the cliffs. Powder hounds will also enjoy after a fresh snowfall but because there is limited access the best areas seem to get skied out quickly. The night skiing is fantastic (especially on a cold, clear night) with most of the front side well lighted and open to 10 PM!!! Stevens announced plans in 2007 for a major expansion which will greatly enlarge the advanced and expert areas. The grub is OK. The soups seem to be Stock Pot origin and very salty. Nice to have salmon and some other unusual entrees available. Food prices seem in line with other ski areas. The place really is a good area to bring the kiddies to. Parking is more convenient than other areas I've been to. Stevens reminds me of some of the smaller Canadian areas such as Apex Alpine. I am an upper intermediate skier, and my favorite run is Showcase. I came close to having a heart attack (literally) on it at age 53(4 way bypass a month later), but what a way to go!! My wife and I ski weekdays mostly and lift lines are almost always nonexistent. Stevens is a nice local ski area that will please over and over.