by: anonymous_user - 26th February 2007

I normally ride at the Summit and I must say Crystal is not all its cracked up to be. the Sumit has 29 Lifts, sure they are all super slow but at least theirs more of them. It take forever to get down the hill because there is 3100 verticle feet, and then before you know it your back up the hill because of their High Speed lifts. The terrain is way too diverse, cliffs drops, steep chutes, fast groomers, Backcountry, and several bowls. The top of the mountain is over 7000 feet. I don't think they should put terrain that high. the snow is so light and fluffy that you cant make snowballs and it can be hard to walk in. the lift tickets were way too expensive! The summit is $5 cheaper, sure crystal is alot bigger but bigger isn't always better! The drive was horrible Its about 20 min further from my house! The views at the top of the mountain are terrible, all you can see is Mount Ranier and untouched wilderness, I could barly see the highway. At least the summit you get to see I90 and can hear all the cars go by. At Crystal I felt like I was in the Wilderness. Stay away from this place! The snow is too fluffy and dry, the lifts are too fast, there is way to much terrain, its too steep, too many trees, and you can't even sleep in because they close at 4. At least at the summit I can ski at night. And for the best part, the summit is JUST AROUND THE CORNER, but its actually a MILLION MILES AWAY, now how many other resorts have teleporters!