by: matww2 - 24th March 2013

Best lift system Washington state.
Worst Customer Service Experience in 30 years skiing

I skied Crystal Mtn yesterday and had the worst customer service experience ever in 30 years of skiing over 25 different ski areas and resorts. I had purchased a Groupon in spring 2012 for 27.00 The promotional value had expired but the 27.00 I paid for purchase said on the Groupon it never expires. When I got to the ticket window the ticket attendant quickly said, "we don't take groupon, that voucher is meaningless, you need to contact Groupon". Nowhere on the groupon itself does it say that the value of purchase only remains with Groupon. When I expressed frustration the attendant rudely raised her voice and said, "Groupon upset customer" and sent me to the Guest Services booth. I walked in the door there and could not get two words out of my mouth before the customer service person immediately said, you need to contact Groupon, we don't take that, nothing we can do for you". At that moment my friend with me who, as an aside always tells me how great Crystal is when I prefer Stevens Pass; points out that nowhere on the Groupon does it say to contact them to their customer service person. They could care less so I ended up paying full price to ski there. I ski 10 to 15 days a year so always am able to find lift ticket deals almost everywhere. Well, needless to say I have no plans to ever go back to Crystal again. It has great lift system and with gondola easily best system in Washington State. However, the customer service is the worst anywhere I have ever skied. All they had to say was "we are sorry sir that you thought that was valid" or any type of showing understanding but instead acted like I was clearly in the absolute wrong to dare to say something about paying 27.00 more than budgeted for the day. I am done with Crystal Mtn and will gladly tell anyone who asks why.