Best Steep, Rigid, and all around place to ski/snowboard.

by: Alpy89 - Mar 30, 2010

Pros: Downhill, Vertical Drop, Backcountry, Big Cliffs

Cons: Lift Lines

Recommended For: Singles, Empty Nesters

Date Visited: Mar 1, 2010

I learned to ski at Alpy when I was 2, I am 20 now. I have skied at many other places in the USA and Canada and still return to Alpental. I consider Alpental to be separate from the summit at snoqualmie as it is so different. They have the steeps, the cliffs, and the adrenaline packed thrills. Right as you drive to the parking lot at Alpy you know just from looking at it, that it truly is hardcore stuff. Alpental totals 825 acres, with 500 of them in the backcountry. The BC at Alpy may be dangerous but thats what makes it tough and fun, you have to be very experienced when you enter. And the Steeps? Runs such as Upper International, Felsen and Adrenalin will charge you up. Hit-rich high-banked terrain? Try Edelweiss Bowl or Snake Dance. Alpental is the reason I'm here. I've spent time at Jackson Hole and been to a lot of places. It's a mean hill. It's got its own niche. It's a diehard skier's mountains. People go there because of the top (as in Steepsville) and the snowfall and it delivers, especially with the backcountry. If you want a adrenaline rush and want some steep rigid cliffs and terrain be sure to make a trip to Alpental. On a great day, with drier snow, you will not regret anything. Alpy truly is a Gem not many people know about.