As a small mountain town with a population of almost five thousand people, La Bresse is the largest ski resort in the Vosges area of France. It is made up of three downhill ski areas in the north of the Vosges region.
The diversity of the skiing and other activities on offer makes it an ideal resort for families with children.
Bresse offers 3 ski areas:
-La Bresse - Hohneck: the largest with 28 ski runs
-La Bresse - Lispach: the most family orientated with 6 ski runs
-La Bresse - Brabant: 4 ski runs just above the town
It is worth noting that there is a shuttle bus (Bus Winterizing") which runs between each of the different ski areas.
In the area of La Bresse visitors have a choice between a large range of Nordic activities: La Bresse is the number one Nordic area in the Vosges:
-50 Km of marked trails which are groomed daily. The trails are connected with the ski areas of Gerardmer and Xonrupt,
- The ski area also benefits from a beginners zone (access is free) and a Nordic Park,
- A Biathlon Stadium
- A covered picnic area on the slopes,
- Walking paths and snowshoe trails
- Bars, Cafeterias and places to rent equipment
If you want to know what else this great family resort has to offer if you’re not particularly the sporting type; La Bresse has a generous offering of options for everyone. Many activities and tours are particularly suited to a child audience: luge, dog sledding, amusement park, kids circus, karting, creative writing, and an arcade...
If childcare is a concern, it needn’t be; La Bresse has a range of childcare options already in place:
- The crèche "Les P'tits Amis de Oui-Oui" (for children from 10 weeks to 5 years old)
- The ESF “Mini Piwi" (for children from 3 years old)
- The ESF "Club-Piwi Piwi" (from 4 years old)
- "Ludoneige" (Snowfun) Club for 4 to 12 years old
- The "Opoual Pack" for kids 6 to 11 years old
All the childcare clubs schedule fun-filled activities, exploring the mountains, learning to ski, tobogganing and snow ball fights top name but a few.
Adults rest assured, you’re not forgotten either. Judge for yourself: snowshoeing, snow kiting, ice skating, a swimming pool complex, recreation centre, climbing, Fantasticable (Mega-Zipline), bungee jumping and paintball. In La Bresse there is enough to occupy every afternoon of your trip if you wish!