Good Time

by: Halespeed - Jan 22, 2009

Pros: Makes great snow

Cons: limited menu

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2009

I was there on Friday January 16th 2009 for a day trip from Durham NC. The day before MLK weekend. The lift rate was a reasonble $47 for a weekday. When I arrived at 10am the temp was one degree. I put on everything I had in the car. I still had to go in a lounge and warm my toes every hour. They had most of the slopes open and were making snow on the rest. These were the slopes under the lifts so the guns would spray you a little while in the lift chair. But they were laying it down good. They have the best snowmaking equipment I have experienced. They had put out a couple of inches of smooth riding powder over the hard base. It was so nice. There would have been more powder made if the previous week had been colder. Now that the real winter weather has arrived I suppose they will be able to keep the light fluffy stuff on the slopes. I sure hope so anyway. The weekends there are typically crowded with long lift lines, but the staff does a very good job of directing skiers and keeping all the chairs full on the lifts. The weekdays are fantastically uncrowded.