by: Howard - 21st February 2012

Nice green terrains
Too many closed trails, lift staff stinks

First, I snowboarded every weekend over the Winter during the last 3 years. I've been to many resorts and this is by far the worst. Here are the reasons why... 1. There are too many blue and black trails that are closed. I see shrubs and bushes coming out of the ground. It looks like these trails were never even opened for the season. The ground looks terrible. I know this season has been tough, but geez...this is a ski resort, make the snow! 2. The ski lift operators DO NOT hold the chair when you are about to sit. I've had the chairs slammed into me several times, and it hurts! I feel bad for the little kids who get hit! This is a NO NO for ski resorts. Slow the lift down when people are getting on. 3. The restaurant cabin at mid mountain was dirty with floors that were entirely wet. The trash overflowed to the floor, and the restroom smelled terrible! No paper towels provided at all in the restrooms. I like to use paper towels to open doors. There are too many people who do not wash their hands. 4. The main cafeteria needs renovation. There are not even enough tables and chairs during lunch time. The only thing good about my experience yesterday was that it had snowed 5" the night before. This is my first time to Wintergreen, and will be my last.