by: Afi - 24th December 2010

Nice atmosphere and groomed trails
Not for children who can't ski or under 10

My husband and I are intermediate skiers who have only skied out west, so we weren't expecting much for an east coast resort. We were pleasantly surprised that the runs were varied (short and not that challenging though) and reasonably groomed. I would ski there again if I'm not out West. What I take issue with though and cannot recommend to anyone is the Childcare + snowplay program where you pay top dollar for the Treehouse program to entertain your small children and teach them to ski for most of the day while the adults ski. There is a huge difference between knowing how to ski and knowing how to teach children. The young men and women they had teaching and caring for the kids barely knew anything more than your local 14 year old babysitter about caring for and motivating children. When I snuck by mid-day to spy on my children, I saw my 6 year old sprawled on the ground near tears and unable to get up while the instructor barely glanced her way. I saw my 3 year old waiting in a long line of little ones until it was his turn to do something with little direction or interaction from the "instructor." Just as I was coming out of my skis to go help them both, the instructor finally righted my daughter with exasperation. My kids both reported that the instructors were mean and the result is that they both now don't want to go skiing, a sport my husband and I wanted the whole family to come to love. Don't waste your money on this program--teach them yourself or go out west.