by: careyway - 18th February 2010

Friendly, beginner and experienced skier friendly, short lines
green and blue runs are short, ton of snowboarders

Me and the wife visited Wintergreen over the Presidents day weekend and on into Wednesday 17 Feb 2010. Sunday was a little packed but on Monday conditions were good and the slopes were groomed. I see myself as an intermediate skier and I felt like the ski slopes were set up nicely for beginners with so challenging terrain for those who venture into the black diamond slopes. The blue and the green slopes are short but wide open. There was alot more terrain and longer runs when I went over to the Diamond runs. If you ski the blacks there is a Moguls slope, there is a good terrain park, and about six somewhat challenging slopes to ski. We stayed at the Wintergreen Resort lodging. The rooms were great, comfy, and convient. We didn't have a ski in ski out room but there was a shuttle that ran every 10-15 minutes and we were very satified with the accomedations. I would definetly recommend Wintergreen if you have small children, looking for affordable prices in you skiing, and if you don't care about short runs on the blue or green slopes. If your looking for more terrain, longer runs, and don't mind spending a few more dollars then I would go to Snowshoe in WV.