by: anonymous_user - 8th January 2008

I had reservations from Dec. 16 -23 at Woodstone Meadows. Initially our stay was really nice but on the Friday night prior to our Sunday morning check out, there was a problem. We found a living mouse in our unit. I understand that those kind of things happen but the response from the front desk (in my opinion) was less than adequate. I called to the front desk @ approximately 10:10pm and explained the situation. I was told that maintenance was gone for the night and that they could send someone the next day to put down a trap. I told the clerk that I was not staying in the room with a mouse. He offered the unit directly below us and stated that because the way the units were designed that the mouse could not get down there. I told him that I was very apprehensive about staying in the unit directly under where we were presently staying. He said the choice was mine and that he was sending "Security" over with the new key. To keep a long story short, "Security" came and we checked out. There was no concern for the inconvenience that this incident posed to my family. We had to throw away food that the mouse got into, dried foods and fruits that were on the counters, and the food that we could not bring back up the road (milk, eggs, ground beef). I purchased 3-day water park passes for my family that we only used one day of. It changed our Christmas plans because on December 23 we planned to visit family in Roanoke, Va not December 21. We had nowhere to stay, so we went back home to Maryland. I am an owner at Massanutten (Woodstone) and I am embarrassed to say so.