by: vadoc - 22nd February 2010

Good conditions early morning and good instructors
Crowded after 11am with many novice skiers that have no business on the slopes

Took my 8yo skiing last Saturday. She had a very nice lesson with an excellent personable instructor. I skied the blues/blacks and had a great time until 11am when it seemed that the population exploded on the mountain. Suddenly the blue slopes were covered with people that didn't know how to ski and were falling all around me. Went back to the greens to ski with my daughter and the slopes/lift lines were over-run with young snowboarders that kept running into people. Overall, this is a relatively nice small (and I do mean small) resort that offers fairly good intermediate slopes (blues and blacks are intermediate). The beginner slopes are too short, too flat, and too crowded to enjoy with kids. That being said, I am taking my 5yo there this weekend for a lesson, as the time from 9-11am is really quite nice and the instructors seem to be really good with kids. My 8yo went from only skiing once to being able to come down Showtime (blue) without falling. If you are close and can make it during the week or for an early half day it is worth it. Still less crowded than Wintergreen.