by: live4thesnow - 10th June 2009

Tree runs, Powder, No Lines
Tough to find a cheap meal

Our experiences at Sugarbush have been nothing short of fantastic. I have been riding the mountains of Vermont all my life and I keep coming back to what is arguably the best mountain in VT. The tree runs are awesome, it is never a crowded, and the groomers are fast and fun. The other bonus to Sugarbush is the diversity in the terrain. The three peaks have completely different characteristics. Lincoln Peak has fun groomers and some fun tree runs. The Castle Rock peak is for hardcore skiers/riders that like to rip lines over never groomed runs. Mount Ellen has some great fall lines on the groomers and steeps in the trees. My group always stays at a condo complex that we found one year online called Fiddlehead Condo. It is located at the top of the Mount Ellen parking lot. It was a perfect location that was a lot cheaper than any other "on-mountain" accommodations. For Apres ski, I would recommend either base. They both have live music and cold beer! For nightlife, check out the Local Folk Smoke House. There is a free shuttle service called the Mad Bus that runs people all over town from doorstep to doorstep until midnight. All you do is call and they show up. For eating, all the restaurants are pretty good. A few favorites, Spotted Cow, Eagans and Flatbread Pizza. Really, my only complaint is It is tough to find a cheap meal when going out. That is why a condo with a kitchen is a must...