Sugarbush Review

by: anonymous_user - Feb 1, 2007

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2007

After reading the reviews of Sugarbush and hearing the radio hype in the Boston area I decided to take my out of town guests to this resort. I must say I was very upset with the entire experience. I understand the east coast has been hit hard by El Nino, but snow making requires more than blowing mounds of snow into the center of a trail. I found that most trails had not seen a snowcat in weeks. Most trails had large mounds of snow down the center, making a leisurely trip down the mountain horrific. The Mount Ellen area was much better but given the recent press I would have expected much more.

The new lodge left a lot to be desired. The outside reminded me of a Fisher Price play set complete with barn, live stock, and farmers in trucks herding skiers to the barn. Plastic tables and flimsy patio chairs lined the entire space and added little value to the new building. Food items had been sitting out for extended periods without being replaced.

If poor food, service, and ungroomed surfaces are your thing you'd enjoy this mountain, if not, avoid this mountain.