Sugarbush Review

by: newyorker - May 4, 2007

Date Visited: May 4, 2007

I was at Sugarbush the weekend of April 21st, and it may have been the best spring skiing weekends I have ever had anywhere. 100% of the Lincoln Peak base area was open including Castlerock. It was actually difficult knowing what to ski as everything was in great shape. I took someone's advice and skied Rumble, and it was fabulous. Imagine Rumble in April ! The new base area is a Wow. It is tasteful and fits into the aesthetics of the Valley. The food is excellent and reasonably priced. I had not been back in a few years and was truly impressed with what I saw. The new base lodge is a vast improvement and the afternoon apres ski was really fun. They had a cool guitar guy who got the crowd going. The terrain has always been terrific at Sugarbush, and in my opinion is the best in the East. What really impressed me however, was the friendliness of the people and the hands on approach of the ownership. I even met one of the owners and John Egan on a chair ride. They were both very personable. I was too shy to ask Egan for an autograph which I now regret. Oh, the other surprise was that I made it from West 70th to Sugarbush in 5 hours! That is only 30 minutes or so more than Kllington! Well worth the extra few minutes.