by: Jenny - 23rd April 2007

I also have no idea what anonymous was talking about with complaints about plastic chairs etc - Sugarbush has one of the best lodges I have seen in the East. They even have bathrooms on the first floor, which should be the standard, but isn't! It is clean, beautiful and comfortable. trails- problematic for intermediates. This resort was disappointing because it is clearly designed for the expert skier. The green trails are not only few in number [one on Mt Lincoln, not counting bunny hills] but simply terrible. Every mountain I have been to has substantial, long, creative, enjoyable green trails built for memorable cruising. Sugarbush has one short, stumpy, quite unattractive green trail that takes about 3 minutes to finish. It was like skiing in Indiana. We need green trails to warm up, and wanted a day of mellow skiing - didn't happen. Food- just a quick note that we found the food very good. Some was overpriced, some was okay, but it is true that service was terrible. The wait staff was nice, but simply could not get our food out before it was cold. Yuppies- saw a few, but that cannot be avoided most resorts.