by: peter - 8th April 2010

Excellent skiing and guest service. Found Timbers much improved
A few more people on the Hill this year

Not sure that I and the previous reviewer were on the same mountain. I found the skiing conditions to be great and there was just enough grooming. The beauty of Sugarbush is that it has terrain for everyone. They keep trails open for advanced skiers like my family to enjoy so long as patrol thinks they are safe. I found enough "thin cover" markings to give me the guidance we needed. We really appreciate this unlike some other places who close a trail if a little grass or rock shows. Skiers at Sugarbush and Mad River Glen want to ski a trail if possible. This is an extremely well managed resort that is getting better each year, and my family really does appreciate the friendly and helpful staff, many of whom now recognize us from prior visits. Timbers is much improved. I like the steak choices and the soups, and we found the service excellent and quick. If you want a hamburger, however, I would recommend the Castletock Pub. It is right up there with the burger at nearby Mad River Glen. Another great thing about coming to Sugarbush is that Mad River Glen is just down the road and when the snow is good a week day ski there is a real treat. But the snow does go quickler there in the spring. While the Mad River Valley is a 5 hour drive from NYC if you avoid rush hour near the city, it is worth the extra hour or so drive to experience what I think is the best terrain in the East and the best service as well.