Stratton Mountain Review

by: anonymous_user - Mar 30, 2008

Date Visited: Mar 30, 2008

Well this was my first trip to VT so it's hard for me to say anything negative. The mountain is great since I'm an intermediate skier who is just starting to ski black. My 12 year old is a snow boarder and he said the terrain park was not so great. Stratton says they have 5 terrain parks but we did not see anything that amazed my son. Two of thet parks are very small and one was closed because they just had the US Open the week before. The other two were ok.

There are plenty of trails(90) to keep me interested in the place and we stayed for 4 days.

Since it was end of season March 26-30 2008 so the crowds did not exist. On Wed,Thur and Friday the gondola had no wait. On Saturday the wait was about 15 minutes for the gondola but the American Express(6 pack) still had no wait.

We stayed at the Long Trail House and all was good there. They have a nice big fire place in the lodge.

I have to say some of the staff were not as friendly as I expected them to be. After all I'm spending lots of money here. I have been to less expensive vacation spots and was treated better.

Maybe they are tired of the crowds. The village was very cool and we ate at Mulligan’s and Mulberry Street tow of three times. Prices are ok. I expect to pay more for food on vacation so I was fine with it.

Overall I will be going here again next year since it’s a 5 hour drive and I don’t see any reason to drive further north to other ski resorts.